Friday, June 26, 2015

Day Twelve -Sparks Fly



Today we packed our bags and left Mango Bay. SIDENOTE: my eye is pretty much all better, and I got to wear contacts for the first time in a few days, which was nice.  We got a huge bus to our next and final stop at Smuggler’s cove in Nadi.... Everybody got to have their own row which was pretty nice to stretch out. On the bus, we played the app Heads Up again, which provided endless entertainment. The best part was when Chase was trying to act out the bunny hop and he hopped so high that he hit his head on the ceiling of the bus. Even Holly Hartman likes to play. The bus ride was a little over two hours. Today we discovered little bites all over my legs. I blame my insufficient mosquito nets at Mango Bay. When we finally got to Smuggler’s, we dropped our bags and went to dinner. All of the interesting events happened after dinner. Ulla did a presentation of how she narrows down her pictures when she creates a photo story. All of her pictures were from the day she spent with us yesterday. Yesterday she took over 4000 pictures and she narrowed it down to about 15 or 20. That was really cool and interesting to see how she did that and how she picked her pictures. After the presentation, we did highs and lows on the beach. My high at that time was playing heads up and Ulla’s presentation, however the best part of my day occurred after. After we dispersed to do our own thing, Chase Liz and I decided to do some light painting on the beach. I went back to the girl’s room to grab my tripod, and I saw some random girl in my bed. She had moved my backpack, luggage, and water bottle from my bed. I was very confused and disturbed. I informed Lisa of this situation and she took care of it. Jacob and a few others tagged along for light painting. Ulla found us and helped us by suggesting including a palm tree in the picture, and it ended up looking pretty cool. Ulla is going to post the picture on instagram. Can I get a tripod creds?? or nahhh… after we finished light painting, we ran into Lisa. Lisa was planning on going for a midnight-dip in the pool and said we could join her. We raced back in our suits and we decided to all do cannon balls into the water. Unfortunately I landed on Lisa’s head, but she’s all good. After that, a hotel dude came outside and told us the pool hours, and we got in trouble. This was pretty hilarious because our Nat Geo leader got in trouble with us. Gotta love lisa. I got back to the girls room and borrowed lucy’s phone charger and converter because I brought the wrong kind of converter and someone stole my charger. Lucy’s converter was very complex and I couldn’t seem to figure out how to work it so I called Claire over to my bed.  Claire plugged it in and stuff and we heard this weird sound coming from the charger. All of a sudden Claire said it smelled like it was burning. Next thing we know, BOOM. The charger just blew up. Claire was so scared that she fell off the bed. We were trying to be quiet because everyone else was sleeping, but at that point it was pretty hard. So basically I owe lucy a new phone charger, Alex - 22 dollars and grace - 70 dollars. Mom.. can you bring those to the airport. :/ today was hilarious and great. I really loved getting to spend time with Ulla, and learning from her about photo stories. I didn’t really have any lows today.

Holly playing heads up with us
aftermath of lucy's charger explosion



The random girl in my bed. (she got moved, don't worry)

Chase, me, Lisa, and Jacob cannon-balling in

No comments:

Post a Comment