Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day Seven - Summer School


 We worked a lot on the foundation of the community center we were building. Today we leveled out all the dirt and I actually cant believe the progess we made in the three days we spent working on the phase one part of the project. After lunch we headed to the school that the kids in the village go to. On Thursdays they have sports day. we went inside some of their classrooms and talked to a few of the kids. When I left the room I said, “bye y’all” and they thought “y’all” was hilarious. I saw one of my favorite boys, Val, at school and he gave me a high five because he got all of his math homework correct that I helped him with. The kids were released from the rooms to enjoy their sports day. We played a couple of games of volleyball with them. There was one point that went on forever and we ended up losing the point, but it was still a blast because all of the kids were so into it and screaming and shouting. The headmaster of the school even joined the game. The energy from the little kiddos was amazing. After playing volleyball with Fijian kids, we went to a natural waterslide, but we were unable to go on it because the current was too strong. I was actually relieved because it looked dangerous. We went back to the village and I went to Rock Pool with a few Fijian kids and Bora and Jacob. Later we set up for dinner and finished the night with a dance party. It was hilarious and fun even though we were all exhausted. The Fijian boys asked all of the girls to dance so everybody was included which was awesome. Some people danced while others sat on the floor for another kava ceremony. The highlight of my day was watching Jacob have a dance off with another Fijian guy. No worries, all of it was captured on video. That was our last night in the village and our best one.





Chase and I acted as a human limbo for the little Fjian kids at the dance party on our last night in the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment