Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day Nine -WIFI, Mango Bay and Cathy Bottoms




Leaving Tovutovu. I did a little shopping before lunch and our flight today. Today we were finally headed to bigger and better things. (Warm showers and wifi). We got to the little hut of an airport in Taveuni and there was free wifi. It was fun to connect with a few of my good friends back in Htown and my siblings before getting on the 7 row flight. Our flight was again only about an hour. When I got on the flight I wiped out. I’m not even sure how.. I laughed at myself along with everybody else. Chase was like “FINALLY. I’ve been waiting for like a week for you to fall!!” and seriously of all places, I fell on the small plane. Not even slippery or wet. SMH. Midflight, Jamison tapped lucy who then tapped me to ask Lisa how much longer until we landed. I looked back at Jamison and the poor kid was red in the face with tears in his eyes. As soon as we landed on the little runway in Nadi, Jamison hopped off the plane and actually sprinted down the runway. It was perhaps the greatest sight ive yet to see in my life. Jamison looked like Forrest Gump running away from mean kids when Jenny yelled RUN FORREST RUN. Jamison ran so fast that he had to take his hat off because it was going to fly off. Lmao. Poor guy. But thank god he got to relieve himself. As soon as we got to the airport we got to meet up with CATHY BOTTOMS. That was the best part of my day besides Jamison running down the runway. HAHAHA. We got on our huge bus and were on our way to Mango Bay (2 and half hour drive). We took a little detour to an eco place or something. We saw parrots and iguanas and snakes. Kevin would have loved it. Kev, you would have been so proud of me! I led them put a snake around my neck! That was pretty dank sauce. finally when we arrived at mango bay they gave us drinks in the lobby and we were all in awe of the electricity and lights. Immediately Bora said, “This right here is a five star hotel”. Anything is nicer than sleeping on the floor in the village without lights and without wifi and without warm water. Dinner we delish and after dinner we watched Polynesians dance. At one point they asked for volunteers and of course I was up there dancing with Jacob, Chase, Brett, Madiha, Elizabeth and some other people. We did the Cha Cha slide. The only downside to my day has to be my eyes are red and swelling. Hopefully a goodnight’s sleep will have me good as new tomorrow. My highs today were seeing Cathy Bottoms and watching Jamison sprint to the bathroom.




1 comment: